• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Are you strong?

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by Capone, May 20, 2012.

1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

ARE YOU STRONG?

[​IMG]

I love discussing our lifts. It seems like there are semi frequent threads inquiring about what is considered a 'strong' lift for. Woman. I wanted to post this it was published a long time ago on another website.

What do you ladies think of these standards? How do you stack up?

[​IMG]

Standards of Strength by Tim Henriques

Decent
      Decent is another way of saying "not bad." I define a decent level of strength as meaning that the person probably works out to achieve that level of strength, but some naturally stronger people will be able to achieve that level with no training. A person is strong enough so that their strength doesn't limit them in their everyday life.

Decent wouldn't be considered "strong" in hardly any strength training circles. I believe that almost all people can achieve the decent level of strength through training. My guess is that most people would achieve this level after 6-12 months of training. Some would achieve it earlier, and it might take a select few several years or more to achieve.

The decent level of strength is a good milestone to shoot for as a beginner. I'd also classify failure to lift 50% of the decent level of strength as being weak in that exercise.

[​IMG]

Good
      Good is the category above decent. I define a good level of strength as meaning that almost all people need to work out to achieve that level of strength; very few people are that strong without any formal training.

Reaching that level, most regular people would begin to classify that lift as "strong." Most people can achieve the good level of strength with hard training. It may only take a year for some and ten years for others, but most people can do it.

The good level of strength is a good goal for most intermediate level lifters to aim for.

[​IMG]

Great
      Great is the final and highest category of strength on this standard. The word "great" is used as a comparison to average people; it is not a comparison to other athletes. So while I classify someone who has a 455 squat as having a great squat, that doesn't mean they're a great powerlifter, just that they're lifting much more weight than the normal person.

Achieving the great level would put your strength above 99% of the rest of the general population. I don't believe that all people are capable of achieving the great level of strength, but the only way to find out is to work hard toward that goal. Almost no one is capable of the great level of strength without significant formal training.

[​IMG]

SQUAT
      Decent 95 or .75xBW
      Good 155 or 1.25xBW
      Great 205 or 2xBW

BENCHPRESS
      Decent 65 or .5xBW
      Good 105 or .75xBW
      Great 135 or 2xBW

DEADLIFT
      Decent 115 or 1xBW
      Good 185 or 1.5xBW
      Great 225 or 2xBW

STANDING MILITARY PRESS
      Decent 45
      Good 65
      Great 95

LEG PRESS
      Decent 180
      Good 360
      Great 450

PUSH UPS
      Decent 5
      Good 25
      Great 50

DIPS
      Decent 1
      Good 15
      Great 30

PULL UPS OR CHIN UPS
      Decent 1
      Good 5
      Great 12

EZ BAR BICEP CURLS
      Decent 40
      Good 60
      Great 80

Note: All lifts are done with free weights, good form, no supportive gear other than a belt, and drug free. They are all for a one-rep max unless otherwise noted, and the weight of the bar is included in all of the exercises when applicable. If both a weight and a bodyweight level are given, you may use whichever number is lighter for you.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

superman reporting in....no but foreals chick at my gym benches 215 and deadlifts 285 havent seen her squat/pullup but shes a little monster

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

Long answer: Not strong enough.
      Short answer: No.

Always important to keep in mind with threads like these that strength is not everyone's goal.

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

That is an unbelievable bench. Wow.

Accorximg to these standards I'm great at three lifts. I think his DL quals are low though. Maybe not. I sont compare myself to girls at the gym. Im the strongest. I compare myself to ky online girlfriends like nlmaine and there I fall short. Except my master lift the OHP.

Want to point out again straps and versa grips don't count

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

had to google versagripps...i use straps when im doing 8+reps on DL, or after i shredded my hands

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

Gillian Mounsey benches 250 (@148 bw) or something I believe?

vid

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

somewhere betweeen good and great on most
      great on leg press and the dips

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

honestly i dont think leg press or curls should be on there...always did seem like BS lifts to me

9. Tulini

Tulini Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

I've only been on a leg press once. It was a couple months ago and I just hopped on to figure out what all the fuss was about

I suck at curls 'cause I never do them. When I do it's with a straight barbell, not EZ curl bar :-/

Nice to know I'm good at dips, however. I remember when I could barely do 1!

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Are you strong?

Yeah I know its possible just stronger than anyone I know even online. I would slip if I saw some girl just doing rhat at,the gym.

That's right where I'm at too but I don't think I can dip.... I'm ai impressed with ladies that dip and pullup. And have no clue one rm on legpress either. I so lwgpress but many reps. Auperset with leg extensions ftmfw.

I Don know what I can barbell curl for one. I do use them on some bi/tri day but for multiple reps. Guess I will see if I can curl the 80. I doubt it! LOL

Tags: