• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Are there any breakfast cereals OK to eat on a cut? Also, cheap source of carbs?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Canellesao, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I am looking to get some calcium in my diet and I was curious if I could combine skim milk with some cereal, but I have no idea what cereal is good since they all seem to be sugary BS. I would get Vector but it's Canadian and I live in the US.

Also, what is a good, cheap source of good carbs besides oats? I feel like I'm going to gag if I eat another bowl of this stuff. XD Is minute rice bad?

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Are there any breakfast cereals OK to eat on a cut? Also, cheap source of carbs?

No food, including sugar from breakfast cereals, is "bad" for fat loss as long as it fits into the calorie and macro targets you've established.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Are there any breakfast cereals OK to eat on a cut? Also, cheap source of carbs?

Read the second part of your post...try flavored oatmeal.

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Last edited by jubilous; Today at 11:56 AM.

5. akabiceps

akabiceps Well-Known Member

Is the sugar thing I've always heard about just broscience? I always read that if you have too much sugar, it'll trigger an insulin spike that inhibits fat loss.

If it's not broscience, what's an acceptable sugar limit, under the assumption that I am staying within my macros?

6. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

It depends when you eat it. After a workout, you should take in 1.37 grams of sugar for each 10 minutes of workout to cause an insulin spike and transport your already taken protien supplement right to your muscles so you can get swole. Any other time of the day, eating more than 3.7 grams of sugar will cause instant fat deposits to develop on your stomach area, making it impossible to get hawt abz.

Obviously not srs. The last question is nearly impossible to answer. By the wording you have there, the proper answer would be none. In terms of body composition, the intake of carbs from sugars versus any other source will have no effect in the end.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

jebus christ i almost thought you were serious for a second.

cheap source of carbs: rice and potatoes. you can buy both in bulk for cheap.

eat as much sugars (whether they be natural or artificial) as you want, just stay in your calorie limits. some days i have practically no sugar from junk food...other days i have a ton...keeping in the weekly deficit (or surplus if you're bulking) is really the biggest factor.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

"unless you are diabetic, worrying about insulin spikes is a complete waste of time"

How much sugar? Use common sense. You could get 150 out of your 160g of carbs from sugar but where are fruits and veggies? micros? fiber? You get the point. Eat your favourite cereal for breakfast. Moderation!

9. druid

druid Well-Known Member

Are sugars technically counted in the caloric listings for food or do I have to include some additional calculation?

Like usually it'll show Calories (with calories from fat), and Carbohydrates (total, dietary fiber, sugars)

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

yes, sugars are carbohydrates. In food labels you see grams of CARBOHYDRATES but that's the total amount, consisting i.e of x grams sugar, y grams starch and z grams fiber