• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Any tips on how to tone up my shoulders?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Toneup, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Toneup

Toneup Well-Known Member

I am looking to tone up and strengthen my shoulders - can anyone recommend any exercises?

2. Michael Harrington

Michael Harrington New Member

To tone up your shoulders, you’ll need to tap into the right workout routines, and here are a couple of exercise options perfect in this regard:

• Dumbbell front raises: These are especially great for moulding the front of your shoulders, and your chest stands to gain too

• Dumbell lateral raises: For the middle shoulder portions, you’ll be in safe hands with these types of raises.

• Bent over lateral raises: Spice up your dumbbell lateral raises to work the posterior sections of your arms.
      These exercises will give you the strong shoulders you need to not only bolster your physique but also improve your ability to perform many other movements (and routines) with ease. Some more options to tone up your shoulders include dumbbell punches, deadlift upright rows & double leg donkey kicks, to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2022
    3. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

4. Toneup

Toneup Well-Known Member

How does the interactive body exercise page work?

Answered my own question lol Has anyone used it?

"There are many different exercises for different muscle groups and we thought an interactive body image would be useful. Simply select one or more muscles you want to exercise, clicking on the muscle name or the muscle itself on the image (using the same process to deselect the muscle), and the muscles you choose will light up on the image and the name will be surrounded by a coloured bar. Then simply hit the red button at the bottom of the page for a list of exercises. You can switch between a male or female body image using the icons on the top left and using the restart icon in the top right you can clear all muscle choices and start again."

5. Jhanvik

Jhanvik Member

• Doorway shoulder stretch, Massage your shoulders and neck with your fingertips, Do a quick shoulder and neck stretch while you’re working., Massage a shoulder knot with a tennis ball. ..., Eagle arms spinal rolls

6. chessa

chessa Member

Hi All, I've a question.

7. chessa

chessa Member

Hi brother, I'm facing severe pain in my body and our family doctor said, it's because of body tissues and I need Lymphatic drainage but I don't think I need that right now. What's your view on it?

8. chessa

chessa Member

Thanks for any assistance!

9. FT Mike

FT Mike Active Member

Certainly! Strengthening and toning the shoulders can be achieved through a variety of exercises that target the deltoid muscles. Here are a few exercises you can incorporate into your routine:

1. Shoulder Press: This exercise primarily targets the anterior (front) and middle deltoids. Sit or stand with dumbbells or a barbell held at shoulder level. Press the weight overhead until your arms are fully extended, and then lower it back down.

2. Lateral Raises: Lateral raises isolate the middle deltoids. Stand with dumbbells by your sides, palms facing your body. Raise your arms out to the sides until they are parallel to the floor, then lower them back down slowly.

3. Bent-Over Lateral Raises: This exercise targets the rear deltoids. Bend forward at the hips, keeping your back flat. Hold dumbbells with your arms hanging down, palms facing each other. Raise your arms out to the sides, leading with your elbows, until they are parallel to the floor. Lower them back down slowly.

4. Front Raises: Front raises primarily target the anterior deltoids. Stand with dumbbells in front of your thighs, palms facing your body. Raise one arm at a time, keeping it straight, until it is parallel to the floor. Lower it back down slowly and repeat with the other arm.

5. Arnold Press: The Arnold Press engages multiple shoulder muscles. Begin with dumbbells at shoulder level, palms facing your body. Rotate your palms outward as you press the weights overhead, and then rotate them back in as you lower the weights to shoulder level.

6. Push-ups: Push-ups engage the shoulders along with the chest and triceps. Start in a plank position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Lower your body while keeping your core engaged, and then push back up to the starting position.
      Fore more detailed information checkout : Effective Strength Training Exercises

10. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Well-Known Member

To tone and strengthen your shoulders, you can try exercises like shoulder presses, lateral raises, front raises, and bent-over lateral raises. These exercises target different areas of your shoulders and can help you achieve your goals. Start with lighter weights and gradually increase as you get stronger. Maintain proper form and listen to your body to avoid injury.

Tags: