• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Answer this for me, kinda confused...

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by herunder88, Aug 12, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

My buddy is 5'10 133# and wants to lean bulk. He has an endo body type and knowing he's South Asian, his body type stores most of the fat in his chest, abs and lower back...right now he's pretty lean but he's afraid that once he starts to lean bulk, he will gain back the chest fat, stomach will come out and he will have fat in his lower back so he wont be able to look fit (with the way his genetics are unfortunately). Reason being with this genetics, the first place the body will store fat would be abdominal area, followed by chest and lower back.

I tell him if he eats in a small surplus and lifts heavy, yes he would gain back the fat but would look way muscular and can cut up afterwards when he has something to cut to...what do you guys think? Cos right now he looks like a twig...

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Answer this for me, kinda confused...

Chest fat... you mean man boobies??

Anyways... Whey, Good food, good workout routine, creatine. Especially diet with a calorie excess.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Last edited by hellstorm2004; Today at 07:19 PM.

4. herunder88

99% of us gain some fat when bulking. If we didn't we'd all be bulking year round. With his height and weight he can get away with some fat gain. As long as his surplus isn't out of control he can ensure that at least a majority of the weight gained is LBM. Bascially even if what he gains is a 50-50 split between fat and muscle, he'll probably still look better +20-30 lbs.

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

you dont need whey bro, all you need is solid whole food sources (protein, fats, carbs) and just a slight 10% to 20% surplus over TDEE.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Whey is not needed for bulking. But having so much of protein is difficult on a daily basis. So a supplement does help.

7. herunder88

Lets say he starts lean bulking and gets to 175#, even if he decides to cut to 160#, he would still have the back fat, chest and belly fat hanging since these are the first areas the body puts on fat and the last the body will burn fat from these areas?

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

It is impossible to speculate what he will look like when he gains whatever amount he gains. IMO (and I assume the opinion of most women) strong and a little bit of fat looks better then scrawny. If he is so afraid of fat gains then he can just stay scrawny. I would much rather gain.

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

notsureifsrs

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Determine his TEE, add 10% and train. Plot weight gain over a period and if too much fat is present, cut back calories a small amount until you or he finds the sweet spot. Adding LBM is the goal, not obsessing over a small amount of body fat! Or does he run around with his shirt off all of the time??