• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 39 year old doctor (yes a doc!) - Anavar 1st time steriod-user... advice please!

Discussion in 'Anabolic Zone' started by defelqy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am 39 years old, 186cm, 85Kg and 18% bf.

I have been working out since age 20, got a good gym routine plus cardio (tennis 3-4x week).

Never used anabolics before, but despite going to gym 4-5 x week and tennis, still want to improve my definition and reduce body fat %. Not looking for massive gains, just improved shape, vascularity and reduce excess fat around abdomen (really hard to shake this off now I am getting older!!).

I am a doctor so am aware of the risks of steroids. My main concerns for side effects are hair loss (I am genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness and have thinning hair that I just keep short with clippers), also worried about libido changes or erection problems (who isn't especially now I am almost 40?!) and, of course, don't want to damage my liver.

I have tried to modify my diet to reduce boy fat. But if I cut too much, I tend to lose some body fat% at expense of muscle bulk. At 18-19% bf, I have a decent amount of muscle but annoyingly no abs definition and feel a bit flabby around the waist area. This is despite aggressive tennis playing 3-4x week. Think it is defo an age thing, noticed this over the last few years.

My diet includes:

Breakfast: Oats or wholemeal toast, plus protein shakes.
      Gym workout 8-9am.
      Protein shake.
      Lunch: Chicken breast, salad, potatoes/veg.
      Cardio: tennis 5-6pm.
      Dinner: Salad, lots of protein and try to keep carbs down.
      Protein shake.

I have tried changing diet a lot, to try to reduce body fat and keep muscle mass... but it is quite a challenge! As I work a lot and my job is stressful, I do drink alcohol, in moderation, so I guess I need to cut this out?

After seeing guys my age in the gym looking ripped and with bulging veins, I suspect they use Anavar or other test stuff, not had the balls to ask them, but this envy has led to me contemplating taking a cautious oral cycle for the first time in my life.

I am thinking of taking Anavar Prochem... I have 50mg tablets.
      Was thinking of starting with 25mg a day for week one (I am bit anxious about sides).
      Then increase to 50mg and run for another 5 weeks.

As for PCT, I have Nolvadex and Clomid, not sure if I need to take this but have it to hand.

My main questions are:-

1. Am I a good candidate for Anavar, and what benefits can I expect?
      2. What sides am I likely to get?
      3. Any advice on diet, considering I am worried about my 18% bf?
      4. Do I need PCT and if so, what and for how long?

Thanks for reading this!!

I have attached a photo of me so you can see where I am coming from....

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

39 year old doctor (yes a doc!) - Anavar 1st time steriod-user... advice please!

Last edited by djhxxx; Today at 09:31 AM.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

39 year old doctor (yes a doc!) - Anavar 1st time steriod-user... advice please!

morning doc and welcome .

i would use T-bol instead of anavar at 80-100mg everyday for 6-8 weeks .

pct wont be needed .

diet keep protein high carbs and fats low and use real food not shakes unless your stuck .

side effects will be minimal , you may have testicular shrinkage but nothing major and they will fill out after stopping for few weeks .

as for being a good candidate for aas and the benefits , if you know what your doing then your a good candidate , benefits vary but mainly a re comp effect if done correctly .

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Tbol is a good shout very mild in th aspect of sides, but strength and vascularity should be good, just eat good ( I have no doubt you will know this already) and train consistently.

Google turinabol if you need more info on the drug.

Oh and welcome

Ps I have this unsightly patch on my head, people say its my face but I am not sure do mind taking a look thanks doc.

Pps if I need a script for some test cyp I will drop you a bell

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Can you be my GP!

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Thanks guys... quick responses! Cheers!

I am reluctant to consider anything other than Anavar coz what hair I have left I want to keep!!

Posted some photos on original thread.

Thanks!

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

haha

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Yeah agree with tbol, var at 25mg is pretty low.

9. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Try and find a copy of Llewellyn's Anabolics book. Pretty helpful for beginners.

Anavar is a very mild steroid and so are its affects. Only way to know how they'll affect you for sure is to take them and see. Most would recommend a longer cycle to give time for the effects to kick in I think. And 100mg a day is normally recommended too but as a first cycle maybe not for you. Of course, if you want to avoid liver issues then IM injection based steroids are the solution for that. In reality though if you don't have any liver issues you should be fine. If you do get any sides you can just stop taking them so why worry ;)

Are you going to take any thermogenics, fat burners? ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack or anything? They will help with fat loss just as much if not more. On the days you're not playing tennis maybe add in an extra cardio session. Are you taking creatine, mega vit/min (inc. zinc, high dose b vits), hmb? And yes, stop drinking. Tut.

Probably best you remove your reference about your source or you'll get private messaged into oblivion, once that system becomes active for you.

I'm assuming you know about finasteride for hair loss treatment, right?

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

anavar is rarely anavar its a costly drug so gets cut with dbol/winny .

if your 100% sure you can get anavar correctly dosed then go for that .