• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 270 pounds

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by vijugati8g, Apr 15, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I'm at 270 pounds at 5'11 right now.....and at about 38% bf. Am I too big to be running on the treadmill or should I just stick to the elliptical?

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

270 pounds

Have you tried doing it? How should we know?

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

270 pounds

I was in your shoes a few months ago, so I know what I'm talking about. I'll suggest you start by just running fast the first month, then by the 2-3 try doing some HIIT, which is alternating fast and slow (google it). Then I can guarantee that by the 3-4 month you should easily be able to run 10-15 min easily. Also first and second month try doing 20-30 min of walking and decrease when you start running to like 10-20. Also, I'm assuming that you are not simply doing cardio but are lifting as well and your nutrition is on point. If these two assumptions are false than whatever I just told you goes right out the window.
      Good Luck brah.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

270 pounds

I ran a 5k at 305lbs. Most of my running was done on yhe treadmill. Im about 265 now and run on one every day just fine. What are you worriee about

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

270 pounds

I tried at that weight and got some nasty shin splints but I know plenty of guys who have done it fine. There is very little advantage of one over the other at similar intensities but if you want to run go for it.

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

270 pounds

Last edited by Electricheadd; Today at 09:01 AM.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

270 pounds

This. You may get shin splits or sore knees or hips but if you want to run go for it. Its great cardio especially if you mix it up and do hiit. If its caloeies burnt youre after you can do plenty of other things to burn off calories

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

270 pounds

I was running at 325 lbs, about 2 or so miles a day. It sucks and my legs were always sore...but I could do it.

I gave up running and started lifting very hard, and eating at a big calorie deficit and have been getting much better results, and have no soreness (other than normal muscle soreness form lifting).

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

270 pounds

Really up to you but i went from 326 to my current weight on a bicycle and it really built my calves/quads up without much soreness at all....that and its really fun to ride around town.

10. roger

roger Well-Known Member

270 pounds

I was running in the 290s. Take it slow at first. Work your way into it.

Tags: