• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 15 lbs in 2 months!! Let's go!!

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by herunder88, Feb 29, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

15 lbs in 2 months!! Let's go!!

Ok, decided to make another post explaining myself slightly before I head to bed. This is a chart explaining fat burning zone vs cardio zone.

Low Intensity - 60-65% MHR High Intensity - 80-85%
      Total Calories expended per min. 4.86 6.86
      Fat Calories expended per min. 2.43 2.7
      Total Calories expended in 30 min. 146 206
      Total Fat calories expended in 30 min.73 82
      Percentage of fat calories burned 50% 39.85%

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

However, work is work... Initially it may not be as high of a percentage of fat burn, but that will be made up through EPOC. In the end, the more work you can do AND recover from the more muscle you will gain, and the more fat you will lose. The higher the weight percentage the more likely you are to maintain/gain muscle, which is great from a body composition standpoint.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

First off I want to apologize for this charts unsightliness as I spent a bit of time making it pretty and yet it reformatted upon posting! FML!

Now, How do we interpret this chart? Well physiologists differ on opinions over which is better and for what purpose. To lose more overall weight we want to burn more calories right? Well not exactly!

Muscle weighs more than fat and even though your goal is to lose 15 pounds, inches are more important than pounds! The last thing any bodybuilder would want to do is lose hard earned muscle! This lowers your overall metabolic rate! Not all weight loss is created equal! Now one could argue that for time spent high intensity is the way to go. To that I cannot argue.

This is why everyone has a different opinion. Choose for yourself what is important and what you wish to believe. My philosophy is that we should all work on shedding the fat and keeping the muscle. 163 pounds at 35% bodyfat has a dramatically different appearance than 163 pounds at 22% bodyfat. Inches>LBS

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Another caveat,

Time is an issue to most individuals, this i understand. Not many people will spend an hour on the treadmill when they can spend 20-30 minutes. This is why the chart can be used as a tool for either perspective. You will get results either way! Do what you enjoy and you are capable of performing!

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I would do a few more cardio sessions per week and keep the reps between 12-15 keep my carbs in check but make sure u eat enough so your body can work properly

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Since I will be doing more reps, how many sets should I do?

7. resablare

resablare Well-Known Member

Id keep it around 3 sets

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Great, thanks rsnake! I finished 5 sets of squats before checking back and saw that I should have done 3 instead!

Squat 5x12 @ 70lbs
      Bench 3x12 @ 43lbs (1st set 12, 2nd set 10, 3rd set 8)
      BBR 3x12 @ 45lbs
      Tricep Extensions 3x10 @ 18 lbs
      2 sets of each plank exercise:
      Twist Plank - 10 reps each side
      Stacker Plank - 10 reps
      Front plank arm & leg raise - my first time trying this; these are no joke! I only managed to do 5 on each side. My leg wanted to do a weird donkey kick and it threw me off balance every time!
      Push/Pull Plank - 10 reps with each arm
      Spiderman Plank - 10 reps
      15-20 minutes High Octane training on treadmill

Just thought I'd ask, but is there any way to prevent rug burn when doing planks? I use a tee under my forearms and after a few weeks I thought my skin would toughen up but it's still tearing at my skin leaving rough patches.

Secondly, can someone please check my numbers? Pretty please. I'm trying to calculate my maintenance calories using online calculators and I'm getting a range from 1850-1987 for sedentary lifestyle. Now that I have my maintenance calories, I subtract 400 calories from my diet for 6 days. That's 400 x 6= 2400 cal deficit just from dieting alone. Including the calories I burn while working out (guesstimating here), that's about 300 cals (weight training + cardio ) per session and about 200 cals (cardio) per session.

Weight train + cardio 3x/week = 900 cals
      Cardio 2-3x/week = 400-600 cals
      =1300-1500 cals lost from exercise + 2400 cal food deficit
      = 3700-3900 cal deficit

That's a little more than 1 pound a week. I'm not sure if I should subtract 500 cals/daily to bump that number up to almost 2 lbs? 1300-1400 cals consumed seems a bit on the low end since I am trying to workout at least 5 days a week. Thanks!!

Tags: