• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 15 complete noob need help!

Discussion in 'Training' started by Raleoxilevz, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Hello bb a complete noob here with working out and I need some help. I started last Monday doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength

I drink a smoothie with 2-3 scoops of whey protein/ banana/ strawberrys/ 3 eggs/ yogurt/ milk/ in the morning with eggs and ham
      then I eat plenty of vegetables with chicken I try to eat about 150 grams of protein a day.
      im 5'6 152 pounds
      What I do is go to the gym do 20 minutes of running on the treadmill then 20 minutes of the actual lifting. Then I would end it with 20 minutes of cardio again. on non lifting days I do 60 minutes of cardio. I take 1 day in a week off.
      My goals are to have a nice build on my arms not like a body builder but just nice. and I want a hard six pack.
      The pic provided is me right now and I know its pretty bad but this is why I want to change and build muscle and loose fat. any tips or corrections to what im already doing would be really helpful! Thank you

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

15 complete noob need help!

Picture?

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Are you fat?

4. FLEX

FLEX Well-Known Member

Well because of it being my first post it wont let me upload but I put a picture up on my profile

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

If your not fat i would drop the cardio before your weight training. Do 40min of lifting and 20min of cardio a day...that is plenty.

If your goal is arms and abs your going to have to build some muscle. Try adding weights to your ab routine and keep your bf% low but not too low so you can build muscle. Around 10% is good for that.

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

It says I have about 30% bf% any tips on how to drop it?

7. Musclemetal

Musclemetal Well-Known Member

Eat healthy and do more cardio to drop the Bodyfat... 30% is unhealthy man. Your main focus should to be to get in the 10-15% range.

So i would lift for 30min then do cardio for 30min EVERYDAY. Days off do 60min of cardio.

Look up articles on how to clean up on your diet on here. Once your training and diet comes together you should have great changes

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Thanks man but is it good that im eating so much protein? I don't eat that much I only eat 3 times a day and I eat healthy home cooked meals and try to consume 150g of protein. I went from 145lbs starting to 152lbs in a week even with all the cardio and lifting I don't know what im doing wrong.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Well you have to control your macros. Proteins, Carbs and fats. Also watch your calories.

For dropping bodyfat i would recommend 150g of protein, 150g or less of carbohydrates and 50g of fats or somewhere very close to that.

You should write out a decent diet and stick to it for a week and see the changes... Diet is a big part of overall body mass.

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Alright will do that after work tommorow Ill go threw the sticky on nutrition to find a good nutrition plan thanks alot for your help you got me on the right path haha

Tags: